POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering interior spaces: lighting setup : Re: Rendering interior spaces: lighting setup Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:25:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering interior spaces: lighting setup
From: Alain
Date: 19 Sep 2006 20:47:31
Message: <45108fa3$1@news.povray.org>
motorsep nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 19/09/2006 00:53:
> Ok. This is my scene rendered in Indigo:
>
> http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2594/bedroom01e24hrs21minte3.png
>
> This is the same scene, but rendered with Povray (same one parallel light
> source as in above scene):
>
> http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8856/bedroom01fmz6.jpg
>
> Obviously, I need to make my scene look like one that rendered with Indigo.
> How can I make it look like it? What radiosity settings do I use?
> Here is what I came up with:
>
> #version unofficial MegaPov 1.21
> global_settings {
> noise_generator 3
The default, you don't need to set.
> assumed_gamma 2.2
> max_trace_level 30
Your scene don't look as if it needs that much.
> radiosity {
>  pretrace_start 1
It's useless to start at that level. better to stick with the default here.
Default = 0.08 or 8% of the image's width.
>  pretrace_end 0.003125
Keep it at the (pretrace_start / 2^n) domain. Other values will be rounded.
>  adaptive 2
adaptive is megapov only. Don't works with the official version.
>  error_bound { 0.15 adaptive 1.5, 20 }
Using megapov only syntax.
Defaults to 1.8. A low value requires a high count value.
>  count 150
You may need a larger value here.
>  recursion_limit 1
You need at least 2. 3 would probably be beter. 4 may not be worth it. My
personal experience don't show that much effect on the render time.
>  brightness 1.5
To brighten up the scene.
You can add:
low_error_factor 0.4 or less.
It lowers the error_bound during the last pretrace step by that amount
(error_bound * low_error_factor). Default to 0.5
>  }
> }
>
> Thanks.

To get beter similarity, use a sky_sphere or large world sphere with a gradient,
blue at the zenit and pinkish near the horizon.

--
Alain
An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.