POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Automatically rendering multiple views : Re: Automatically rendering multiple views Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:15:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Automatically rendering multiple views
From: Chris B
Date: 19 Sep 2006 13:29:35
Message: <451028ff$1@news.povray.org>
"Randy" <han### [at] sbcglobalnet> wrote in message
> (This may belong more in the animation group)
>
> I have the desire to be able to render multiple views of my scene file
> without having to change the camera position and re-run the render several
> times.
>
> Randy

Hi Randy,

I use something like that to do the graphics for the documentation of some
of my macros so I can regenerate the images in 'batch' mode.
I set a variable at the top, either to a fixed value:

#declare ImageNumber = 50;   // 1 to 50 if only generating a single image

or to be equal to the frame number:

/* Using command line options +kfi40 +kff50
*/
#declare ImageNumber = frame_number;   // used for generating a sequence of
images

 then I have a series of #if statements containing the stuff that's unique
for each image:

#if (ImageNumber = 3)
  #declare Image = "SCDefaultNewelTexture";

I define a name for each image just so that I can write out a script file at
the end that I can use to rename the files to give me meaningful file names:

#if (ImageNumber != 0)
  #if (frame_number = 0) #write(FileID,"REN StairCaseDoc.bmp ",Image,".bmp
\n")
  #else #write(FileID,"REN StairCaseDoc",ImageNumber,".bmp ",Image,".bmp
\n")
  #end
#end

Hope this helps,