POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering interior spaces: lighting setup : Re: Rendering interior spaces: lighting setup Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:22:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering interior spaces: lighting setup
From: Alain
Date: 18 Sep 2006 20:50:59
Message: <450f3ef3@news.povray.org>
motorsep nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 18/09/2006 13:54:
> I have been struggling to set up lighting priperly for interior spaces.
> Can't understand why it doesn't work properly :(
> I use white sphere with big radius around my "room", also I use parallel
> light that blows through the windows to simulate sun.
> I get alot of artefacts and my "room" is totally dark :(
> Could you please help me?

Do you have any other light in the scene?
If not, then you need to use radiosity. As a starter, just add "radiosity{}" in
the global_settings{} block. Read the documentations about radiosity. The first
element to adjust is count then error_bound.
Take a look at the various sample files in the scenes\radiosity folder, play
around with the various parameters to get a feel of what they do.
It's obvious that any radiosity scene needs lots more calculations and therefore
will takes longer to render.

--
Alain
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may lead you to think people are laughing