POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python? : Re: the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 20:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python?
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Sep 2006 17:54:10
Message: <45072c82$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v3 wrote:
>> No. I wrote it. I put it up.
> Really?

For real and for true!

> Interesting; I didn't know it was possible to do that...

Why wouldn't it be?

> OK, how about... some instructions? (Or am I just looking at the wrong
> page?)

Download the package. There are pretty extensive documents describing
how it works, as well as a sample set of macros and a sample
several-floors-of-a-castle included.

Note that at the moment, it generates .BAT files to do the tracing
(since there's apparently no programatic interface to POV's render
queue). Changing that to output a shell script instead should be pretty
trivial.

Feedback encouraged!

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)