POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python? : Re: the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:24:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python?
From: Orchid XP v3
Date: 12 Sep 2006 13:44:00
Message: <4506f1e0$1@news.povray.org>
>> As an aside, if the SDL ever becomes object-oriented, the whole subject
>> will become a whole lot more confusing. ;-)
>
>   Not really. C++ doesn't talk about "objects" anywhere in its syntax,
> and neither has the SDL to do so (when referring to class instances).
> Even the documentation could avoid the word "object" in relation to
> class instances (and talk about "instances" instead).

Yeah, that sounds like it would work. Just need to be careful to *stick*
to that terminology and it should be fine...

BTW, I was thinking about just inventing my own new SDL language and
writting a program that can convert it to standard POV-Ray SDL. But,
unfortunately, this would of course involve writing a parse, so that
project never really got anywhere...