POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Pigment functions... : Re: Pigment functions... Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:35:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pigment functions...
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 9 Sep 2006 17:46:38
Message: <4503363e@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v3 wrote:
> I see... So a pigment function has to be colour_mapped? That would
> explain why it's not working.

Anytime I've tried to apply a color_map to a function pigment, it never
looked right. I have just recently discovered the .x, .y, .z extensions
to functions.

> Ah, but I can extract all three colour components, turn each into a
> pigment, and average them together... ingenius!
>
> OK, I'll give that a go.

Let me know how it works for you.

> PS. I'm not using any gamma correction at all - I don't know what it is
> or how it works. So...

It lightens/darkens an image. It helps to fix dark scenes, or washed-out
scenes (which are less likely with POV).

~Sam