POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : *.pov file reading : Re: *.pov file reading Server Time
1 Jun 2024 02:37:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: *.pov file reading
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 7 Sep 2006 12:10:25
Message: <45004471$1@news.povray.org>
> Illegal instruction

	You're kidding me, aren't you?  :-)

	Please download and install the *official* POV-Ray for Linux distribution
to replace the broken Debian package:

ftp://ftp.povray.org/pub/povray/Official/Linux/povlinux-3.6.1.tar.bz2

	Download the file above, unpack with 'tar xvjf povlinux-3.6.1.tar.bz2',
cd to the newly created directory, run the 'install' script and follow the
instructions.  You should then be done with a working povray binary.

> I wonder whether
> [...]
> is correct, or
> read+write* = %HOME%
> is the choice.

	That's up to you, but doing so will allow to write in any sub-directory
of your home dir.  In general, I'd recommend to run povray from the directory
where is your input .pov file and let it output the .png (or whatever) image
in the same, current directory (as suggested in my previous message).

     - NC