POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : *.pov file reading : Re: *.pov file reading Server Time
26 Jun 2024 07:44:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: *.pov file reading
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 7 Sep 2006 07:35:03
Message: <450003e7@news.povray.org>
> francesco@debian:~/tmp$ povray +W320 +H240 -H
> /home/francesco/tmp/+Icolchicine.pov /home/francesco/tmp/+Ocolchicine.tga
> Could not find file '/home/francesco/tmp/+Ocolchicine.tga'
> Cannot open INI file '/home/francesco/tmp/+Ocolchicine.tga'.

	The error messages are pretty clear, though...
	If to follow your example, you should write:

povray +W320 +H240 +I/home/francesco/tmp/colchicine.pov
+O/home/francesco/tmp/colchicine.tga

	but this is *not* correct either.  Instead, you'd better go with:

# assuming you are still in your ~/tmp directory
povray colchicine.pov +w320 +h240 +ft

	where +ft means you want the output image in the (uncompressed) TGA format
(the filename extension means nothing to POV-Ray).  I'd recommend using the default
PNG output as it will give you a much smaller file and is compatible with many apps.
Just do not specify +ft at all in this case.

	- NC