POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : 3D Mesh Painting Software : Re: 3D Mesh Painting Software Server Time
13 May 2024 17:46:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Mesh Painting Software
From: Nekar
Date: 5 Sep 2006 01:19:52
Message: <44fd08f8$1@news.povray.org>
"Kyle" <hob### [at] gatenet> wrote in message
> On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 11:51:09 +0200, "Gilles Tran"
> <gitran_nospam_@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
>>I don't think that there are freeware applications that can that right
>>now.
>
> Tattoo is the only one I've found, but it is seems to be somewhat
> incomplete and is not working well
> for me.  I've had no luck finding any other freeware apps of this type.
>
>>On the commercial side there's Bodypaint, Deep Paint and Zbrush (between
>>$400-600). Note that a key issue remains proper uv unwrapping. 3d
>>real-time
>>painting can be fun but still need good uvs to work properly, otherwise
>>there will be distortion artifacts and other problems.
>
> "You can't make the scene if you don't have the green!"  -- The Mask
>
> Unfortunately, that describes me in this case.

I'm not sure how much Corel7 costs if you still can buy it, it should be
very cheap by now. I remember it came with CorelDream, a 3d app that alowed
you to airbrush on the surfaces, I think the free download of Caligari
Truespace 3 also alowed this as well  you can get it here
http://forms.caligari.com/forms/ts3all_free.html

Unfortunately  but I don't know if any of these export the textures at all.

--
-Nekar Xenos
"The truth is out there"