POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Povray on mac crashing : Re: Povray on mac crashing Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray on mac crashing
From: Warp
Date: 4 Sep 2006 08:07:57
Message: <44fc171c@news.povray.org>
thuthon <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I installed povray 3.6 onto my macBook pro. Whenever I try to open it, it
> starts opening and goes as far as showing sort of a table named 'Messages'
> and another named 'Templates'. Then it just vanishes and gives this
> message:- "The application POV-Ray Mac 3.6 quit unexpectedly". I was
> wondering if you could help me in this matter.

  Even though MacOS X *should* be able to run older MacOS software even
in the new intel macs, I still wonder if that problem you describe could
be caused by this...

> I have very little experience with povray and I've only worked on it on a
> Linux based machine.

  If you don't mind using povray in the linux-way, you can always
download the source distribution and compile it as a command-line
version (like in linux), assuming you have gcc (or any similar
compiler) installed. MacOS X *is* basically a unix, so it should
work.

--
                                                          - Warp