POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Small scene causing beta 14 to exit on completion ... : Re: Small scene causing beta 14 to exit on completion ... Server Time
26 Apr 2024 09:29:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Small scene causing beta 14 to exit on completion ...
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 29 Aug 2006 06:49:45
Message: <44f41bc9$1@news.povray.org>
"Mike Andrews" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.44e5a00bfcc26e0fc717c9af0@news.povray.org...
> Hi Folks,
>
> I've posted a similar message on the Windows group about a small,
> apparently
> sensible scene, throwing an unhandled exception.
>
> I've now tried a very similar scene on beta 14, causing it to exit on
> completion. The scene is appended below. I can see nothing wrong with the
> scene code and I'd appreciate knowing why it fails.
>
> System: 933MHz PIII, 512Mb, Win XP Pro SP2, PoV-Ray
> v3.7.0.beta.14.icl8.win32

I got the same on my system however I'm running as follows:
System: 2.39GHz P4 1GB Win XP Pro SP2, PoV-Ray v3.6.icl8.win32

so either something got missed in the last release or it IS something with
your code ....

I was curious when I recalled I had v3.5.ic18.win32 installed as well so I
ran your file using that version and it finished the render .....

so maybe it's NOT your code .....

Jim