POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Memory parse error : Re: Memory parse error Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory parse error
From: St
Date: 24 Aug 2006 17:54:48
Message: <44ee2028@news.povray.org>
"Mike8" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.44ee10ac3fb029becd4320b90@news.povray.org...
> Hello all,
>
>   Well, even after giving POV-ray an extra gigabyte of virtual memory the
> file will not render. The program simply eats the extra memory and says
> 'Out of memory. Cannot allocate 256 bytes for transform'. I don't know
> what
> to do at this point, so if I posted  the file somewhere would you examine
> it? Perhaps you can find something I missed. This is some information that
> the message window displayed on the render:
> Line: 232177
> File Context (5 lines):
> object { atlas matrix <1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1,1960,-592,1880> #if (version >=
> 3.1) material #else texture #end { Color7 } }
> object { atlas matrix <1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1,-2880,-592,1880> #if (version >=
> 3.1) material #else texture #end { Color7 } }
> object { atlas matrix <1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1,40,-1568,5545> #if (version >=
> 3.1) material #else texture #end { Color7 } }
> //
> }
> (atlas is a sub model in the scene)

> The offending line is the third line displayed above. I hope you can make
> sense of this, I haven't a clue what to do now. Thanks for your help,

      Well, this is why I was interested. I was getting very similar
messages with my scene, (and actually, that very same message that you
received as above too). The only difference between your scene and mine is
that your PoV file is a large SDL file, and my PoV file is only 25Kb's but
calling for around 1 Gb of Wings models. I've now corrected my problem by
reducing some of my initial  models (grass) in file size, and it renders.

     I'm thinking that you may have to reduce/play around with that Atlas
model in some way, but if it doesn't work, then sure, post (zip) the whole
scene somewhere and I'll take a look, (although, I don't have 3.1 installed.
I have 3.5 and 3.6).

       ~Steve~