POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Export surface from Matlab to povray : Re: Export surface from Matlab to povray Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Export surface from Matlab to povray
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 24 Aug 2006 10:48:59
Message: <44edbc5b$1@news.povray.org>
Hi!

Which format is your surface in? I got no Matlab at the moment, but
usually it would be something like this, right?

	x = [0:0.1:1];
	y = [-1:0.1:1];
	[X,Y] = meshgrid(x,y);
	Z = exp(X).*Y;

If that's the case, triangulation should be straightforward. I can put
something together later (when I'm at a puter which has Matlab installed).

Even if you've got a finished surface displayed in a figure window it
should be possible to export it without too much hassle, although it'll
be slightly more complicated.

If you can give me some more details about what you need I'll see what I
can do :)

Greetings,
Florian