POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rollercoaster type maths (not possible in povray?) : Re: Rollercoaster type maths (not possible in povray?) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rollercoaster type maths (not possible in povray?)
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 20 Aug 2006 20:55:55
Message: <44e9049b$1@news.povray.org>
> // usage :
> object{ExtrudeSpline(nseg,nseg,Shape,Path,doSmooth,doTest,doFile,fname)

I think this is a simple bit of confusion, the sample I posted doesn't use
"extspln.pov", which I linked in my message, it uses "spline_tools.inc",
which I posted as a binary to povray.binaries.scene_files, along with the
whole example file, "roller_coaster2.pov"

Since then I've added a few more macros to "spline_tools.inc",

Extrude_Spline_To_File
Spline_Translate
Spline_Rotate
Spline_Scale

Since you want to do an animation, extrude the spline to a file
as a mesh, then include the mesh, instead of recalculating the extrude
every frame. I'll post them as well.