POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how to make an ellipsoid at exact place? : how to make an ellipsoid at exact place? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  how to make an ellipsoid at exact place?
From: yoon
Date: 20 Aug 2006 11:35:19
Message: <44e88137@news.povray.org>
I tried to make two ellipsoids at the opposite corner of a cube.

box { <3,3,3>,<-3,-3,-3>,
    pigment { color Red }
}
sphere { <3,3,3>,1
    pigment { color Blue }
    scale <2,0,0>
}
sphere { <-3,-3,-3>,1
    pigment { color Blue }
    scale <2,0,0>
}

"scale" stretchs the sphere twice longer along the x-axis.

but the center coordinate of ellipsoid is stretched as well.

They should at the <3,3,3> and <-3,-3,-3> but they are at <6,3,3> and

How can I make ellipsoid at the exact place?

Cheers

JH