POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : RFC: Wishlist/features : Re: Wishlist/features Server Time
19 May 2024 01:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wishlist/features
From: StephenS
Date: 18 Aug 2006 06:54:08
Message: <44e59c50$1@news.povray.org>
> I have 40 fps in all the views on this scene. I don't consider this
> big, it only has around 21000 polygons. Does this scene slow down
> significantly for you? What are your hardware specs?
The file as it was last saved had most of the objects in the 'Equipment'
group assigned to the 'hide' layer. If I select the Pearson_pressbrake
camera (3d view) and make visible the hide layer, this scene starts to slow
down, 1.2 secs/f. The OpenGL driver lists: triangles 144010 and Quads
111584. I would only expand the scene like this when I'm trying to match the
3d view to an actual picture I've taken with my digital camera, most of the
time I hide some of the scene. Since the scene is not finished and I would
like to twice to three times more objects, I though I would share.

The other files I'm using are now at:
ca.geocities.com/morbjectay/hoist_stand.inc.zip 80kb
It needs the fullmoon.dll plugin to be complete.

My computer is about 2 months old
HP Media Center PC m7470n
Athlon 64 x2 dual 4200+ 2gb ram
Windows XP