POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : K3DSurf 0.5.5 is out : Re: K3DSurf 0.5.5 is out Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:18:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: K3DSurf 0.5.5 is out
From: Chris Cason
Date: 14 Aug 2006 09:28:21
Message: <44e07a75@news.povray.org>
Nicolas George wrote:
>> You are wrong. It upset all POV-team members.
>
> So much for the singular/plural distinction in English.

I thought this was a discussion of the license, not English? And if you do
wish to discuss English, may I point out that from the point of view of this
particular English-as-a-first-language speaker, Thorsten's usage was quite
correct.

E.g.

  > It upset all POV-team members               <------- Past tense
  > It upsets all POV-team members              <------- Present tense
  > It continues to upset all POV-team members  <------- Present tense also

As you can see, the word 'upset' can be used legitimately in both past and
present tense.

-- Chris