POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Memory parse error : Re: Memory parse error Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:31:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory parse error
From: St
Date: 13 Aug 2006 16:10:51
Message: <44df874b@news.povray.org>
"Mike8" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.44df727e3fb029bebca05e450@news.povray.org...
> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>>
>>    Hi Michael
>>
>>      I may be wrong here, (it's a long shot), so please forgive me if I
>> am,
>> but it's worth a try as I too have had problems with a 1 gig system
>> whereby
>> I can't open one of my favourite image editing programs unless I do this.
>> When you go into your VM dialogue box in Control Panel, use the 'Custom
>> size' option and enter in the 'Initial size' field: 2024.
>>
>>    In the 'Maximum size' field, enter: 4048 and restart your comp.
>>
>>    Again, not sure if it will work, but anyway, good luck.
>>
>>     ~Steve~
>
> No effect. Thanks anyway, it was worth a shot. I wish to correct an
> inaccurate statement that I made earlier: the file I'm having trouble with
> isn't 10,000 lines of code, it's 235,225 lines. That might make a slight
> difference.

      Gah, sorry. It works for me with my editing prog. but then I have to
change it back again to play Oblivion...  :(

   As an aside, I remember asking if PoV could handle large files some
four/five years ago, (3.1g?), and I received the answer that, yes, PoV could
easily handle a 100Mb's file. Back then, I was using sPatch frequently, and
a 'heavy' sPatch file (for me) could easily have been over 4.5Mb's. I think,
(back then), that I only had 256Mb memory, and I could still render an
image. So, I'm thinking that maybe something is wrong with the way that one
(or maybe two), of the programs that you've used are at fault?

     Have you tried to start from the beginning again?

    I'm intrigued and fascinated at what you are trying to achieve with
235,000 lines of code and want to see the result/s!  ;o)

     Again, good luck.

     ~Steve~