POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Memory parse error : Re: Memory parse error Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:31:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory parse error
From: St
Date: 13 Aug 2006 12:26:20
Message: <44df52ac@news.povray.org>
"Mike8" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.44dba7fbd8ca351dbca05e450@news.povray.org...
> Hello,
>  I haven't posted before, so please bear with me. I've been using pov-ray
> for several months, and I have encountered a recurring problem. When I try
> to render any file larger than 6 Megabytes the renderer says 'parse error
> could not allocate 256 bytes for transform' and the render aborts. The
> largest file I need to render is 20MB. I am running POV-Ray 3.6 on Windows
> XP pro, with 1 Gigabyte of RAM, and I increased my virtual memory to 20GB,
> with no effect. Is there anything I can do or am doing wrong?

   Hi Michael

     I may be wrong here, (it's a long shot), so please forgive me if I am,
but it's worth a try as I too have had problems with a 1 gig system whereby
I can't open one of my favourite image editing programs unless I do this.
When you go into your VM dialogue box in Control Panel, use the 'Custom
size' option and enter in the 'Initial size' field: 2024.

   In the 'Maximum size' field, enter: 4048 and restart your comp.

   Again, not sure if it will work, but anyway, good luck.

    ~Steve~