POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Using a Box for a GIF background : Re: Using a Box for a GIF background Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:23:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using a Box for a GIF background
From: Alain
Date: 10 Aug 2006 19:56:23
Message: <44dbc7a7$1@news.povray.org>
zombiebhp2 nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 10/08/2006 18:05:
> I am glad to be using this program POV-Ray. I am trying to input a gif or a
> bmp into this box so it looks like photograph. What I have so far spells
> out like this:
> box {                  // this box fits exactly in view
>   <-0.5, -0.5, 0>, <0.5, 0.5, 0>
>   texture {
>     pigment {
>       agate
>       color_map {
>         [0.0 color rgb 0.0 ]
>         [1.0 color rgb 1.0 ]
>       }
>     }
>     finish {
>       ambient 1.0
>       diffuse 0.0
>     }
>   }
> }
> I am not to experienced when I refer to matters such as these. If there was
> a book to read and learn from I would purchase it at a book store.
> Brian

The install comes complete with extensive documentations. Read them, it's time
well spent. It also include a good tutorial. Work your way trough, entering the
examples yourself. Experiment with those tutorial scenes, changing one thing at
a time and see what appens. Some more time well spent.
If you are on windows, click the 2 green and red "?" buttons. They lead you to
the tutorial and general informations help screens.
At any time, you can click any keyword and press the "F1" key to view
information about that keyword, from what it does to it's syntax and percularty.

--
Alain
No matter how good she looks,