POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray for isosurfaces plots? (quantum physics) : Re: povray for isosurfaces plots? (quantum physics) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray for isosurfaces plots? (quantum physics)
From: Chris B
Date: 10 Aug 2006 19:13:32
Message: <44dbbd9c$1@news.povray.org>
"gawryl" <gaw### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message

> I slighty modyfied your's code (i have add Hue value as a 4-th parameter
> in
> the data source file) and get quite nice (for me, of course) results (see
> pictures at http://alpha.uwb.edu.pl/gawryl/edh/povray-tests.html).

Wow, That was quick.

> my question - how can i create cloud like (as opposed to a solid)
> spheres -
> is it simple? Stephen was mension something about it in contets of MRI
> scan...
>
> regards,
> gawryl

Hi Gawryl,

There are quite a few ways. You'd probably want to look at the media
tutorial in the POV-Ray help files (enter the keyword 'media' in the index).

A quick and dirty way of doing something similar is to just add some
transparency to the colour definition, so instead of
pigment {color rgb <1,0,0>}
you can specify
pigment {color rgbt <1,0,0,0.7>}
to give you a red colour with 70% transparency.

Note, that you'll probably need to increase the max_trace_level to get rid
of black regions and the corresponding error message in the message log. You
can do this by adding a line such as
  global_settings { max_trace_level 30}
to the top of your scene file. This slows down the render a fair bit, so you
should keep an eye on the message log to optimise this setting

Regards,
Chris B.