POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rollercoaster type maths (not possible in povray?) : Re: Rollercoaster type maths (not possible in povray?) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rollercoaster type maths (not possible in povray?)
From: Alain
Date: 7 Aug 2006 19:56:01
Message: <44d7d311$1@news.povray.org>
CdeathJd nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 07/08/2006 18:21:
> To all,
>
> Cheers for all your help people, i finally got it working today, it was done
> in a stange way indeed but i managed to make it work. Thanks to everyone for
> their advice and for putting up with my defeatism, im a pessimist im afraid.
> However doing a lot of research helped me get there in the end.
>
> For reference, here is the file as it currently stands. Hopefully if others
> run into similar problems this will help them out. Note that the file does
> not depend on the CLOCK value in any way:
>

> //Save_Velocity()
Use the following instead, and you don't have to stop/restart the rendering.

#if(frame_number = 1) Save_Velocity() #end

On the first frame, the condition is true and the code is executed.
On any other frame, the condition is false and the code is completely skipped.

NO more need to comment out/uncomment :-)

Great tool during scene creation to. Using #if(Flag), Flag been deffined near
the top of the scene, or #if(1) #if(0) allows you to very easily enable or
disable part of your code, like temporarily removing some object, texture
elements or just about anything you may need to.

--
Alain
Fundamentalism: Shit must be born again.