POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Building a house efficiently : Re: Building a house efficiently Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:23:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Building a house efficiently
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 7 Aug 2006 03:19:30
Message: <44d6e982$1@news.povray.org>
"ingo" <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> schreef in bericht
> How to build a house?
>
> Even though I actualy started using POV-Ray for that purpose I never
> actualy did it. Now I have to renovate my house and I'd like to simulate a
> few things, especialy light and shadow and of course the looks.
>
> Now, what is the easiest method, a box per wall? A prism? "brick by
> brick"? Other methods?

I have built a couple of houses in POV (never finished them) and I believe
that using separate boxes for each wall works better in the end. But that
said, it very much depends on the intentions that you have, and the degree
of details you want to put in. Also, being able to visualize the model
during the building process helps ans speeds up the work. So, start building
in Moray, or Wings3D, or Silo, or Blender, or whatever.

Thomas