POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #declare blah =3D -1; // bug avoidance (avoids "incomplete function or s= : Re: #declare blah =3D3D -1; // bug avoidance (avoids "incomplete functio= Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #declare blah =3D3D -1; // bug avoidance (avoids "incomplete functio=
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 5 Aug 2006 20:29:43
Message: <44d537f7@news.povray.org>
Charles C wrote:
> BTW, I meant to mention that I'm running POV 3.6 on WinXP.  Also I don't
> remember typing "3D" in the the subject line to this thread.
> Charles

I guess it's related to the already known macro-bug: if you return
results via the parameters, every now and then the parameter will be
returned unchanged.

So, if your macro works like this:
#macro DoSomething(Variable)
   #declare Variable=Variable+1;
#end

#declare Value=2;
DoSomething(Value)
#debug concat(str(Value,1,0),"\n")

It will probably debug "3", but if you place it in a loop, every now and
then a "2" will pop up. That bug, too, is heavily dependant on the scene
and the error pops up differently on different PCs. It's known and
should be fixed in 3.7 though.

You might want to try and check which macro this bug pops up in, maybe
you can find the actual problem and a work-around.

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias"