POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Real benefit of a 64 bit Pov binary on a 64 bit CPU in a 64 bit opsys? : Re: Real benefit of a 64 bit Pov binary on a 64 bit CPU in a 64 bit opsys? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:22:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Real benefit of a 64 bit Pov binary on a 64 bit CPU in a 64 bit opsys?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 Aug 2006 08:46:24
Message: <44d341a0@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> schreef in bericht
> Thomas de Groot <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
>> To tell the truth, beyond a basic knowledge, I don't want to know about
>> the
>> inner machinery.
>
>  You don't *want* to know? Why? Some weird principle?

Well, just because I feel it is a waste of time for me.

I have a PC for doing things I want it to do, I don't need nor want to know
(most of the time) why or how it does it. I just don't have the basic
knowledge and, frankly speaking, I have more interesting things to do.

This said however, I am always curious about what is said on the matter in
the ng's by those who are more knowledgeable :-) just gleaning here and
there a little bit of information that I may need some day.

I am fairly certain that there are a lot of people like me around here.

Thomas