POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Render HD format : Re: Render HD format Server Time
14 Jun 2024 06:45:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render HD format
From: scott
Date: 25 Jul 2006 03:26:10
Message: <44c5c792$1@news.povray.org>
cyberspittle wrote:
> Thorsten Froehlich <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:
>> cyberspittle wrote:
>>> I don't have a problem converting the BMPs to AVI, MPG, or even
>>> animated GIF, as I use a network attached hard drive that an older
>>> OS/2 Warp machine combines the individual frames to animation using
>>> it's built-in features for multimedia. I am not sure if I am
>>> rendering each frame at the proper resolution for HDTV output. TIA.
>>
>> Check out <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDTV>.
>>
>>  Thorsten
>
> Hi Thorston,
>
> That was one of the pages I found confusing. I want to render an
> animation for HDTV format. I am unsure which resolution to go with.

Basically, do you have the hardware to show full-HD movies?  You need to
render at 1920x1080, then somehow store the animation and play it back,
while feeding the signal into an LCD TV that has 1920x1080 resolution.  It's
not cheap.

If not, go for the "lower" HDTV resolution of 1280x720.  This will playback
on your 19" PC monitor perfectly (assuming your PC and videocard are up to
it), and will also be far quicker to render.