POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature suggestion: random streams : Feature suggestion: random streams Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:11:02 EDT (-0400)
  Feature suggestion: random streams
From: Brian Vanderburg II
Date: 18 Jul 2006 23:22:46
Message: <44bda586$1@news.povray.org>
I accidentally posted this under povray.tools.general, I think, sorry.

I think would be useful if there was a way to generate different random
streams each time a render is run without changing the seed value each
time.  Perhaps something where:

#declare r1 = seed(100);
#declare r2 = rseed();

Or perhaps no arguments to 'seed' means to use a random initial value
generated from the current time or entropy file or /dev/random, etc.