POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Using Ambient Light Settings : Re: Using Ambient Light Settings Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:22:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using Ambient Light Settings
From: M a r c
Date: 14 Jul 2006 13:10:09
Message: <44b7cff1$1@news.povray.org>

web.44b7baa9bc7d6ebc1709b0c0@news.povray.org...
> I appologize. I forgot that the 'Sunny.gif' is only on my computer. I do
not
> know what you are refering to when you say texture. I'm trying to learn
this
> program so that I may make realistic animations.

I explained you in a former post what is a texture in POV
I paste it again

You could look at the texture section in the POVRay doc
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/331/

to simplify you put a pigment, it is ok
but ambient is a finish item.
pigment determines the basic color of an object on its surface.
finish determines how this surface reacts to light (diffuse, ambient,
reflection, specular.....)
pigment and finish are gathered in a texture block
sphere
       { <0,0,0>860
       texture{
            pigment { image_map   { gif "sun.gif"  map_type 1    }
            finish { ambient 1 diffuse 0}
// ambient 1 makes object "shine" (not lighting the scene but visible)
//and diffuse 0 make it not interacting with lights
       }
   translate <0,0,3000>
 }

Marc