POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Vegetation simulation WIP 2 : Re: Vegetation simulation WIP 2 Server Time
28 Apr 2024 08:33:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vegetation simulation WIP 2
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 13 Jul 2006 14:22:09
Message: <44b68f51@news.povray.org>
you know, when watching tech-demos like that one of the CryEngine2, I
sometimes wonder why I'm still working with slow raytrace-renderers like
POV-Ray.  The images rendered at, say, 30fps by Crysis are much more
realistic than what I could do in months POVSDL-coding, parsing and
tracing, at about 20hpf (hours per frame).  So I sometimes even wonder
what's the point of raytracing, those games-engines seem to be much more
interesting?

but looking at an image like this, I realise games-engines still have a
very long way to go :)

and so do I :-/ :)

cu!

(oh, btw, anyone who could explain me, in simple terms, how the realtime
ambient-maps (which look to me as realtime radiosity) could be done in
crysis? :-/)
--
#macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*C/50#end#macro _(b,e,k,l)#local C=0;#while(C<50)
sphere{G(b,e)+3*z.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient 1}}#local C=C+1;