POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playing with Monsters : Re: Playing with Monsters Server Time
17 May 2024 23:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing with Monsters
From: Artemia Salina
Date: 10 Jul 2006 12:40:35
Message: <44b28303@news.povray.org>
Paolo Gibellini wrote:
> Hallo, Artemia!
> The texture of the monster is very interesting: how did you realized it?

It's just a color map using a turbulated mandel pattern. I have it set
up as a macro using a color ("Red" from colors.inc) passed as a
parameter, and rbgt 1 to make it layerable. Depending on how it is
adjusted you can get some interesting textures. The image below shows a
convincing raw meat texture (I've forgotten the parameters to get that
texture) but it was several layers using Red and White.

#macro BloodShot(N, T, C, S)
texture{
         pigment {
                 mandel (5000  * RRand(1, 5, N)) / S
                 turbulence RRand(0.2, 10.9, N)
                 rotate <0, 0, RRand(0, 360, N)>
                 translate T
                 color_map {
                         [0.010  rgbt 1]
                         [0.010 C ]
                         [0.210 C ]
                         [0.210 rgbt 1]
                         [0.900 rgbt 1]
                         [0.900  C ]
                         [0.900  C ]
                         [0.990 rgbt 1]
                 }
         }
}
#end

> Could be interesting with some normal, in order to obtain a vascular system
> relief effect.

I'm thinking of adding actual veins to the monster's head and body. This
thing is far from being done :-)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'meatloaf.jpg' (156 KB)