POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity and parallel processing? : Re: Radiosity and parallel processing? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity and parallel processing?
From: Alain
Date: 9 Jul 2006 15:01:54
Message: <44b152a2$1@news.povray.org>
jhu nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 09/07/2006 12:46:
> Quick question. Let's say I have a room full of computers. Using all of
> these computers to render non-radiosity images is pretty easy. However, is
> there some way to render radiosity-based images in parallel somehow? The
> times I've tried, the image looks wrong after being stitched together. I
> can't seem to find it in a faq or anything similar.

Use a two pass method.
First pass: set pretrace_end to a low value. It can help to use a low value for
low_error_factor to
collect some extra data. You want to collect as much radiosity data as possible so you
will have
less sampling to do during the final render. Save the radiosity values collected.
Second pass, parallel pass, you need to set always_sample to no. Load the previously
saved radiosity
data. Set pretrace_start 1 pretrace_end 1.

--
Alain
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.