POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Problem with certain text {fonts} : Re: Problem with certain text {fonts} Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with certain text {fonts}
From: Patrick Hagerty
Date: 9 Jul 2006 12:13:09
Message: <44b12b15$1@news.povray.org>
> .... The recommended solution would be to find a font repair/editing
> program and have it read the font and then output it again. Most programs
> for editing font should generate the missing data, or more likely actually
> remove the unnecessary and broken first Unicode character mapping table.

What tool would you recomment for this repair process.  I've always been
interested in messing around with font files, but have never had the time
nor the need to do so.  I guess I will "make" the time, under the
circumstances.

I'm not really too concerned with the specific font I've mentioined for this
example.  It was a free download and didn't cost me anything.  There are
other fonts with similar problems, for which I've actually paid money, that
I might want to use for a project in POV-Ray.  Those I will take the time
and effort to try to repair, if I can get the right tools.

Your helpful recommendations are greatly appreciated.

- Patrick