POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray modeler and animation system: testers wanted : POV-Ray modeler and animation system: testers wanted Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray modeler and animation system: testers wanted
From: Hugo
Date: 1 Jul 2006 17:19:23
Message: <44a6e6db@news.povray.org>
Hello all,

I posted a message on this news server a couple of months ago telling
about a POV-Ray dedicated modeler and animation system that I am
developing. For those who haven't saw the post the application
highlights are:

   - Native animation support
   - Native POV-Ray SDL import capability (see
http://www.bishop3d.com/ParserDetails.htm for an example)
   - Full integration with POV-Ray

Some really nice guys volunteered to help me with the preliminary tests
and the project progressed well in the last months.

As far as I can tell from the feedback I obtained so far, the main issue
now is the CSG evaluation performance and the application seems pretty
stable.

On the other hand I could never hear from some testers after the first
contact e-mail, which leads me to suspect that the application may have
not performed very well on their systems.

I'm looking for more people interested in testing the modeler so I can
start to think about a public beta release.

More informations on the application web site: http://www.bishop3d.com

If you are interested please contact me and I'll send you the download link.

Thanks,

Hugo.

hug### [at] yahoocombr
--