POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Transparent label : Re: Transparent label Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent label
From: NEWS
Date: 30 Jun 2006 06:38:17
Message: <44a4ff19$1@news.povray.org>
If you apply an image_map, image_pattern, or any image projection on a
transparent object ...
you will not have the same effect on an Hollow Cylinder .. or a Plain TUBE
..

you will see the image map 2 times on a plain tube ..instead of one on a
hollow cylinder ...

That what i have meant by talking about 'no depth' .... (note the comas) ..

I have compared a plain tube'  to an hollow cylinder ..... and not of course
a plain tube to hollow tube .which will kept the 2 image_map...

> NEWS nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 27/06/2006 03:59:
> >     By 'hollow object has no depth' , you will understand that a plain
> > hollow object don't have an inside surface..compare to a tube ...
> >

> Try that: an hollow object with texture{pigment rgbt 1}} and
inside_texture{finish{reflection 1}}.
> A cylinder with "open" don't have end caps. Don't need hollow for that.
hollow NEVER change the