POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV 'Outline' capability : Re: POV 'Outline' capability Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:35:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 'Outline' capability
From: Alain
Date: 13 Jun 2006 19:36:57
Message: <448f4c19$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 13/06/2006 19:08:
> Alain wrote:
>  > A possibility is to surround the objects that you want to outline with
>  > a very slightly larger, transparent version of itself. That object is
>  > set to rgbt 1 pigment. The trick is to use fade_distance <small
>  > value>,  fade_color rgb 0 and fade_power 999. The fade_distance must
>  > be very close, but larger, to the size difference, or thickness of the
>  > "shell".
>  > Getting everything OK is prety tricky, as you can go from a nearly
>  > invisible shell to an opaque one with some very small changes.
>  > I've tried it and it CAN work at least in some cases. Almost
>  > impossible to set up when the object have any reflection.
>
> If you've already got the entire object in slightly larger size, it
> might suffice to use texture and interior_texture : a transparent
> texture, but a black interior_texture. Won't work that good for
> reflections though, probably only for objects as seen from the camera.
>
> Regards,
> Tim

Wont work for reflective or transparent objects. My solution does work with
transparent objects (as
per my first succesful tests) and can potentialy works with reflective ones (but I
never managed to).

--
Alain
But I thought YOU did the backups...