POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh conversion problem : Re: Mesh conversion problem Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:24:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh conversion problem
From: Bryan Heit
Date: 12 Jun 2006 09:45:21
Message: <448d6ff1$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
>      Hi Bryan
>
>      Thanks for letting me know that - very interesting as I'm an avid Wings
> user. I'm glad you've got it sorted out through our very own Norbert Kern,
> and wait in anticipation to see the render of that cargo ship! (It did look
> impressive when I viewed the thumbnail!)
>
>       Regards,
>
>      ~Steve~

It's not as impressive as in the thumbnail which was on the webpage.
Problem was that I was use the mesh in a rather large animation, so in
the interest of speed I dropped all of the graphics which came with the
mesh, didn't use much in terms of textures (aside from pigments), and
just used the most simple of colouring to detail the ship.  This
actually wasn't bad for the effect I was going for - I'm using the
animation for an "educational" DVD about some local dive sites, so we
don't want the animations of the wrecks to look too much like a good
boat, and rather want them to look a little beat up.

I'll see if I can find webspace to put up the animation, but it's fairly
large.

Bryan

PS: The animation is for this artificial reef:
http://www.artificialreef.bc.ca/OurReefs/GB_Church/index.htm