POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help getting a decal mapped to a triangle patch (14.3K) : Re: Help getting a decal mapped to a triangle patch (14.3K) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help getting a decal mapped to a triangle patch (14.3K)
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 12 Jun 2006 02:28:59
Message: <448d09ab@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle spake:

>> I've tried several scaling factors, and translations, but I just can't
>> seem to get the decal to scale down and fit into the curved rectangular
>> area you can see in the attached image.
>>
>> How can I accomplish
>
> Can you have blender apply uv-mapping and export that?
>
> Regards,
> John

Hi John

Thanks for replying - I got it fixed. The thing was that I was using
cylindrical mapping, which was screwing it up. I switched back to planar,
and I rendered a few dozen times with different scaling factors and
translations until it dropped into position. Thanks anyway!

I did get blended to export its uv-mapping in the .OBJ and
corresponding .MTL files it can generate, and poseray converted these
correctly. Just needed some time and luck to figure out the correct scaling
and translations.

Regards,
--
Stefan Viljoen
Software Support Technician / Programmer