POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help getting a decal mapped to a triangle patch (14.3K) : Help getting a decal mapped to a triangle patch (14.3K) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  Help getting a decal mapped to a triangle patch (14.3K)
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 10 Jun 2006 13:31:05
Message: <448b01d7@news.povray.org>
How can I accomplish this:

I have a .tga that I want to map to a triangle patch, to put decal on it.

The triangle patch is a bent piece of "plate" if you will, that I just want
to put the decal on. I've designed the patch in blender, but I'm having
endless trouble getting the image mapped correctly to the patch. (I
imported the triangle patch into Povray with PoseRay, from a .obj export
from blender).

Please see the attached file. The "Avery Orion" decal on the cube is exactly
what I want to put on the bent piece to the left, down and below the cube.
As you can see the map IS there, it is just focused in too close.

So far I have

image_map
        {
                tga "eng_hatch_decal.tga"
                map_type 1
                once
        }
        scale <1,1,1>
        rotate x*90

in the pigment statement for the triangle patch.

My camera being perpendicular to the Z axis, which is in the positive Y
direction according to the attached image's orientation.

I've tried several scaling factors, and translations, but I just can't seem
to get the decal to scale down and fit into the curved rectangular area you
can see in the attached image.

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks!
--
Stefan Viljoen
Software Support Technician / Programmer

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'problem.jpg' (15 KB)

Preview of image 'problem.jpg'