POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh conversion problem : Mesh conversion problem Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Mesh conversion problem
From: Bryan Heit
Date: 9 Jun 2006 17:10:57
Message: <4489e3e1$1@news.povray.org>
I am trying to convert a 3D Studio Max mesh (a cargo ship) into a
povray-compatible mesh.  I have tried multiple tools for this including
blender, poseray and a variety of on-line conversion tools.  But all of
these tools don't load the ship properly - the decks, hull and rudder
are not in the proper place - the hull is below and forward of the
decks, the rudder is positioned far behind the ship.

I've also tried "fixing" the mesh in blender with no luck.  But the
really weird thing is that the mesh loads fine and looks fine when I use
a demo of 3D Studio Max or nugraf the model looks fine.  Unfortunately,
these demo's are crippled as to not export a usable model.

BTW, this is the model I'm trying to convert.  Any help is appreciated:
http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_details.aspx?id_product=820

Bryan