POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to make a limestone texture ? : Re: How to make a limestone texture ? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to make a limestone texture ?
From: Alain
Date: 31 May 2006 21:27:30
Message: <447e4282@news.povray.org>
ALeX nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 30/05/2006 05:33:
> (firtsly posted on p.b.s but no anser, possibly wrong group ?!)
>
> Hi team,
>
> looking for a while on how to make a realistic stone texture, I'm quite
> lost and confused in the textures seetings of POVray. I've tried with
> some normal bumps, granite or crackle but I'm quit unhappy with the
> results.
>
> Does anyone of you have nice stone texture that looks like clear
> limestone (not full white, but somewhat like rgb < 0.980, 0.925, 0.713>)
> or some tips for me to search in the best direction ?
>
> Thanks for any help ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>

> ALeX
You can start by looking in the stones1.inc, stones2.inc and texture.inc files.
Once you have a start texture, copy it in your scene. Play with the finish: specular
or phong,
normal, reflection (keep low: <0.05), brilliance.
Change the color_map to suit your needs and wants.

--
Alain
Quakers: Let us not fight over this shit.