POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : typical aa values? : Re: typical aa values? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: typical aa values?
From: Alain
Date: 31 May 2006 20:54:18
Message: <447e3aba$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 29/05/2006 05:19:
> "Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message
>> Jim Holsenback <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>>  Is one of the parts where the jagged line is very bright?
>
> yes it is .... i was going to try what previous poster mentioned (render at
> higher resolution and resize) but haven't gotten around to it.
>
> Jim

The bright part is probably oversaturated. The colour value, before clipping, greater
than 1 for 1
or more component. When you antialias, you average the various parts of that pixel,
and the overly
bright part will push the colour up. With version 3.5 and earlier, the clipping was
done before AA,
atenuating this effect.
A workaround can be to lower the beightness of the element concerned. Try lowering the
light(s)
intencity. Try reducing the object's ambient and/or diffuse levels. Use a somewhat
darker shade.

I've seen a similar effect in actual digital photos where you have particularly large
contrasts.

--
Alain
'I hate quotations.' -- Ralph Waldo Emerson