POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to make a limestone texture ? : How to make a limestone texture ? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  How to make a limestone texture ?
From: ALeX
Date: 30 May 2006 05:31:07
Message: <447c10db$1@news.povray.org>
(firtsly posted on p.b.s but no anser, possibly wrong group ?!)

Hi team,

looking for a while on how to make a realistic stone texture, I'm quite
lost and confused in the textures seetings of POVray. I've tried with
some normal bumps, granite or crackle but I'm quit unhappy with the results.

Does anyone of you have nice stone texture that looks like clear
limestone (not full white, but somewhat like rgb < 0.980, 0.925, 0.713>)
or some tips for me to search in the best direction ?

Thanks for any help ;-)

Cheers,

ALeX