POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature Request: Max. Image Size : Feature Request: Max. Image Size Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Feature Request: Max. Image Size
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 30 May 2006 01:12:41
Message: <447bd449@news.povray.org>
Greetings.

I have a scene which contains some external JPEG graphic files. My aatempts
to render the scene fail, due a lack of RAM (I only have 1.25 GB).

My idea is, and I want to place it here as a feature request, that POV-Ray
should not only abort the parsing with an error message such as
"Insufficient memory to allocate intermediate image storage", but to support
the user more actively.

My wish is, that POV-Ray tells the user how many MB all images together
should have in order to have the scene still being able to be rendered. That
would help the user to downsize the graphic(s) accordingly to the size
allowed as maximum, and prevents these endless try-and-run-POV-Ray until,
somewhen when the sun sets down and the birds stop singing their endless
pink songs of love and the fox says Good Night to the chicken, it finally
works.

Is that possible?

Greetings,

Sven