POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Possible Bug: Scale dependant artifacts in sphere_sweep : Re: Possible Bug: Scale dependant artifacts in sphere_sweep Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible Bug: Scale dependant artifacts in sphere_sweep
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 28 May 2006 15:23:26
Message: <4479f8ae$1@news.povray.org>
I can confirm your observations: Running the scene on my Gentoo Linux
Athlon XP2600+ 1Gig RAM box I get the mentioned artifacts with the
official 3.6 binaries.

With a self-compiled (from unmodified sources) version of 3.5 there are
*no* artifacts, so you may check out what you get using an official 3.5
binary.

With 3 confirmations (counting yourself in) from different platforms
it's IMHO fine to file a bug report. Just make sure there hasn't been
one filed for the same issue - the sphere sweep artifact topic has come
up often in the past. So search povray.bug-reports before posting ;)

HTH,
Florian