POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Possible Bug: Scale dependant artifacts in sphere_sweep : Re: Possible Bug: Scale dependant artifacts in sphere_sweep Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible Bug: Scale dependant artifacts in sphere_sweep
From: Bob H
Date: 28 May 2006 00:26:43
Message: <44792683$1@news.povray.org>
Much delayed response from me, sorry, I just now took a look at this. Not
sure why no one else has replied yet, but could be because the sphere_sweep
has some peculiarities (problems?) and this only seems like another example.

I have no idea about it. Does appear perfectly okay here, using both version
3.6.1b and the 3.7 beta 13, when the scale number is between 0.013 and 0.34.

Just letting you know I've given it a look even if I can't explain the
trouble with it. Don't know what 'angle 0' was doing in there, I've never
used zero for that (not that I can remember anyway), but I got the same
results with it in or out of the camera.

--
Bob H  www.3digitaleyes.com
http://3digitaleyes.com/imagery/