POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Realistic plants with POV-Ray : Realistic plants with POV-Ray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:27:35 EDT (-0400)
  Realistic plants with POV-Ray
From: Mat
Date: 25 May 2006 13:02:31
Message: <4475e327@news.povray.org>
Hi,

First, please excuse my approximative english (I'm French).

I have used POV-Ray for a few weeks, and I'm trying to generate some plants
and trees (thanks to L-Systems theory). For the moment, I manage to produce
basic renders : http://oxonium.free.fr/pov-lsystems/
So I'd like to improve the realism by choosing good textures for the wood
and the leafs. I read some tutorials and I tested some textures but it
wasn't really convincing.

I'd be glad someone could give me some pieces of advice, or tutorials about
plants and POV-Ray.

  Thanks.
  Mat, oxo_um at hotmail.com