POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : First post - animation : Re: First post - animation Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:54:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First post - animation
From: How Camp
Date: 24 May 2006 15:55:52
Message: <4474ba48@news.povray.org>
"Tom Austin" <taustin> wrote in message news:4474ae2b$1@news.povray.org...

> Using a 3D area laser scanner, separate 'scans' are collected at each
> location.

Forgive the questions, but:  What sort of laser, how long does a typical
scan take, and what's the maximum resolution?

> So in this animation you are looking at (9) separate mesh2 objects - one
> for each scan.

> At this time the data is not 'merged' into one cohesive dataset.
> We've tried this in various ways only to fail each time.

I don't suppose each scan has an absolute position reference?  You must know
something about their positions relative to each other, obviously, or you
wouldn't have been able to generate the fly-through like you did.

Warp has dealt with meshes quite a bit, perhaps he's got some ideas for
joining them together...

- How