POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : First post - animation : First post - animation Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:06:23 EDT (-0400)
  First post - animation
From: Tom Austin
Date: 24 May 2006 10:38:28
Message: <44746fe4$1@news.povray.org>
So, you guys all wonder why I am here when I don't post any graphics files.

Well, since I'm very busy I don't get too much time to mess with POV-Ray
unless it is work related.

Here is an animation that another guy and I recently put together.
It isn't very artistic as we are both engineers and like the technical
aspects of the project better than the aesthetics :-)

The animation is of a very small area in an underground mine.
Look at features in the data to get a sense of scale of the place.
The ceiling is 50-70 feet high!

The sheer amount of data made this a challenging project because
iterations were not quick.

If we get more work here it will likely be 100x this amount of data...
gee I can't wait :-o

Anyway, come on over and have a gander

www.stineconsulting.com/junk/

LAter...   Tom