POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Warping Light : Re: Warping Light Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warping Light
From: Chris B
Date: 24 May 2006 10:26:06
Message: <44746cfe$1@news.povray.org>
"POVMAN" <s### [at] acom> wrote in message news:44745997$1@news.povray.org...
> Light that comes from a flame, a bonfiire for instance,  is not
> distributed evenly.  Anyone got an idea on how I can model the effect of
> non-even light source.
>
> I was thinking I need to sort of pass the light through a bozo pattern
> somehow.  However, as the light forms the center of a scene I cant have
> anything that is visible in the final scene.
>
> I could use many lights or perhaps radiosity from the flame media,  but
> many lights would take a long time, and controling the media to that
> detail would be time consuming.  So yes, I am being lazy, and I want a
> quick fix.
>
> Ideas anyone?
>

> --
> #####-----#####-----#####
> POV Tips and Hints at ...
> http://povman.blogspot.com/

Hi,

My idea would be to put a very very small patterned translucent sphere
around the light source:

camera {location <0, 5, -5> look_at 0}
light_source { <0, 1, 0> color 1}
#include "textures.inc"

plane {y,0 pigment {color rgb 1}}
sphere {<0, 1, 0>,0.002
  pigment {
    checker pigment{color rgbf <1,0,0,0.5>}, pigment{rgbf <1,10,0,0.8> scale
0.002}
  }
}

Regards,