POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Warping Light : Warping Light Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Warping Light
From: POVMAN
Date: 24 May 2006 09:03:19
Message: <44745997$1@news.povray.org>
Light that comes from a flame, a bonfiire for instance,  is not distributed
evenly.  Anyone got an idea on how I can model the effect of non-even light
source.

I was thinking I need to sort of pass the light through a bozo pattern
somehow.  However, as the light forms the center of a scene I cant have
anything that is visible in the final scene.

I could use many lights or perhaps radiosity from the flame media,  but many
lights would take a long time, and controling the media to that detail would
be time consuming.  So yes, I am being lazy, and I want a quick fix.

Ideas anyone?

--
POV Tips and Hints at ...